Wiener Dogs in Halloween costumes — that’s one of our favorite things about the holiday! Their adorable, long, little bodies are perfect for playing dress up. It’s almost Halloween! Do you have your costume picked out? Time to get cracking.
Costumes always come with a warning: If your dog isn’t happy playing dress up, we advise you not force the issue. Never force a dog into any kind of costume.
However, there are lots of dogs who enjoy dressing up and playing human with their favorite people, and that’s okay too.
Here are ten dog costumes that are ideal for Dachshunds!
1. Sailor Wiener Dog
Ahoy matey! This wiener dog loves the open oceans!
2. Cowgirl Wiener Dog
Your sweet Doxie will look so rough and tough in a cowboy or cowgirl costume!
3. Demonic Sorcerer Wiener Dog
A magical costume indeed! We love our li’l devils!
4. Hot Dog
The hot dog costume really is a winner for wieners!
5. Wiener Skunk
How cute is this little stinker?
6. Professor Wiener Dog
Professor Wiener Dog! I love that this is simple, and your dog would sure look handsome in pictures!
7. Super Wiener
Unleash the superhero in your dog.
8. Reindeer Dachshund
If you dress your pup like a reindeer, they’ll get a chance to wear the costume again I suspect. Like, around Christmas!
I love the hand crochet reindeer antlers. They also double as a pooch warmer.
9. Derby Doxie
There are a lot of cute costumes that put a rider on top of your pup. All of them are hilarious.
10. Ram Wiener Dog
Turn your wiener into a wild ram!
Baixe agora a Versão Demo GRÁTIS do Livro Do Pátio ao Sofá de Casa
Before You Dress Up Your Dachshund For Halloween
Here are few basic guidelines for when it comes to putting your adorable pup in a costume:
- Never leave your dog in a costume unattended. You just never know what can happen.
- Avoid costumes that are bulky and could cause your dog to overheat.
- Don’t pick a complicated costume. “Keep it simple” is always a great rule when picking out a costume for any pet.
- Avoid costumes that cover their entire heads. You never want to impair a dog’s vision or ability to move their heads and drink water.
- Never put a costume on your dog that limits mobility. That’s just not right.
- Take your pictures and remove the costume as soon as you can so your dog can get back to being a pup.
If your dog doesn’t like wearing costumes, don’t make your dog wear one. It’s always best to take your pics and then remove any items that make your dog uncomfortable.
Always keep your dog on a leash when trick-or-treating. Make sure your dog can’t get access to toxic candies on Halloween, and make sure the kids put their candy in a secure place.
Have a happy and safe Halloween!
Do you have any other great Halloween costume ideas for Dachshunds? Do you take your pup trick-or-treating? Let us know in the comments below!